WANTED Information leading to the prosecution and/or a successful civil action against polluter. £6,000 REWARD
The Anglers’ Conservation Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit organisation which takes action against river polluters on behalf of its member fishing clubs.
The ACA hereby offers a reward of £6,000 for information leading to the successful prosecution or civil action against the person or persons responsible for flytipping liquid waste into a storm drain at Swanside Beck on 27th July and 28th July 2006.
The waste material – believed to be oil residue from bio-fuel manufacture or refining – eventually entered the River Ribble between Sawley and Brungerley Bridge causing the death of many fish and ongoing damage to the river ecosystem.
Please contact the ACA on 01568 620 447 or email (email@example.com), in complete confidence, if you have any information on the identity of the person(s) responsible for this devastating pollution.
The ACA was founded in 1948 with the purpose of using the law to fight to protect the aquatic environment and fisheries.
Since that time, the ACA has won in excess of two thousand cases and recovered many millions of pounds in damages, which is returned to the members the ACA represents to plough back into angling and the protection of the aquatic environment.
• Throughout our history, we have lost only three cases at trial. At any one time, we typically have about fifty to sixty cases running and give clubs and anglers legal advice across the entire range of angling matters.
• In 2006 alone, the ACA has settled 12 cases, recovered over £100,000 in compensation and advised over 120 clubs on legal matters.
• Clubs or riparian owners wishing to join the ACA should phone 01568 620447 during office hours or download a subscription form from the web site: www.a-c-a.org
• The ACA’s Annual Report is available on request.
• Contact point: Mark Lloyd (Director).
Telephone: 01568 620447
Mobile: 07973 468198,